Friday, August 7, 2009

Sorry it's been so long...

So it's been a really long time since my last blog...Life has been nuts.

In the end of July, my grandma and grandpa were generous enough to fly me up to Vancouver, Wa for a family reunion. I was to meet cousins that I have never met before and to see a great-aunt that I haven't seen since I was 11 years old!

I got up there on a Thursday and my aunt, whom I work for, was kind enough to let me crash with her and her daughter, my first cousin. It was so fun! It was like a slumber party.

So, I met my cousins Karen, George, Kenny and Kristine. They all live in Texas, eeeewww, but they were all pretty cool for Texans. Only Karen and George had accents. It was funny. Kenny is 17 and Kristy is 23 and Cathy-my first cuz, is 13. So we all got a long pretty well. Saturday, there were like 45 of us that got together for a super and hang out. It was interesting.

Ok, now we are in August. So, my father-in-law, Jon, had a heart attack and was in the hospital for 4 days. That was pretty scary. But, he had a stint put in and is recovering quite nicely. So that was a scary moment and last weekend.

Ok, next bit of news...I have decided to take the plunge and study to get my RAC (GS) Certification. RAC means Regulatory Affairs Certification. GS means General Scope. This certification will tie in really nicely with my Political Science BA and will help me with my job. It will give me a better understanding of the biologics, biopharmaceutical and regulatory stuff that we write about for our newsletter. Also, I will understand what is said in the conferences better. The nice thing is my job will pay for this certification. Plus, it will look good on my resume. Yay!

Ok, so my thumb hurts...too much knitting...so I am done typing now. Will write again soon....

1 comment:

M.Grace said...

Why would you want to understand biopharm. stuff? Oh yeah, it is directly related to your job. Funny what fields we end up in! Good luck, I'm sure you will do just fine. Been a while since you studied for a test, right? Well, no all nighters!

Welcome back to blog world!