Monday, August 31, 2009

Update on Project Cardi Shawl

So I have been knitting on this project for 6 days! It has been a slow, but rewarding project. I am no where near half way yet. The first day of the project I casted on. It took forever! I had to learn a new way to cast on and everything. It was an interesting way…the cable cast on. Interesting.

So the next few days were filled with knitting the border of the project. That took quite sometime since I was knitting on size 4 needles. That translates to really tiny needles. The last few days have been working on the body of the piece. I love how it is starting to look. I am knitting the shawl out of Teal colored Alpaca yarn. It’s a nice light weight yarn that will be warm too. I can’t wait to finish this project. I am really enjoying it too so hopefully it won’t be over too soon. But, I really do want to wear it!

So, more updates to follow and I will post pictures too!

No comments: