Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Goodness

I wanted to do something very summery today. I baked a peach pie for Dennis and I made with White Peaches from our tree in our backyard. This tree is only in it's second summer and you would not believe how many peaches this thing is kicking out. We had like 12 really sweet and good ones from last year's produce...Keep in mind we planted it in April that same year. We have had so many peaches that they are going bad before we can eat them.

Dennis has been creative with the peaches too. He has been making white peach margaritas. So, I figured I would help out by making a peach pie. I hope it turns out. I made a peach pie last year with peaches off of our regular peach tree. But this, this is white peaches. So we shall see.

Nothing says summer to me like margaritas, pie and heat! Sadly we are back in the 100's. Hear I am baking a pie in an oven at 425 and it's 103 out. Not smart. But that's why they made air conditioners.

Now that my pie is in the oven, the dishwasher is washing, laundry doing it's thing...I figured I would just chill out and watch the Matrix series. I just finished watching the Lord of the Rings, so now we move on to a more modern-ish movie series. It's good fun and helps make data entry faster.

Well, that is all for now. I need to pull the foil off my pie. Take care everyone and stay cool!

No comments: