Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Joy of Allergies

Allow me to share with you the joys of having allergies in a highly pollinated place. Sacramento...otherwise known as Allergy sufferers nightmare. It has been pretty windy here the last few days...try last 8 days. My silver SUV has a yellow hew to it. Yuck. And I am breathing that in. Joy.

Well, last night Dennis and I tackled a rather huge task. We shaved Daisy. We got so sick of her shedding and us constantly having to vacuum. Mom and Dad had brought over some clippers for us and we decided to go for it. We started about 5:45 and kept going till about 9 pm. We had to stop because we had lost our light and I was freezing...despite the extra fur coat I was wearing.

Now to my point about allergies. I am allergic to Daisy. I do much better when she is shaved and not shedding. So, holding her while Dennis shaved her meant me being covered in her hair. All this while sitting out side in the breeze and pollen. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well due to the allergies being on a rampage. I woke up this morning feeling as though I had a really bad cold. No sinus headache thank God, but clogged up sinuses and feeling absolutely drained. Goody.

I do hope that the breeze/wind will not be blowing on Sunday. I have to be out in the open from 6 am to about 5pm as I am selling Daisy Girl stuff at the 1st Roseville Antique Market. I am really excited and hope that I will do well. I am trying to earn some extra money for our trip to Italy. So, for those of you who can't make it to the event, buy my stuff on line :).

Well, that is all for now. So I am going to include a couple of pictures to share with you what we did last night...


1 comment:

David said...

Ha! This is great! You might like this post.