Friday, November 13, 2009

My New Project

cardi coat

Here is my new project. I am really excited about this one…as I am excited about all my projects. This cute little coat is crocheted. I have already knitted a few sweaters so I figure now would be a good time to try to crochet a sweater. I finally found a cute pattern too…so that helps.

Now that the weather is finally getting a little cooler, I figured I would try to save myself some money and make some sweaters rather than buying them. I started this little beauty last night. All was going well until I came to the “short row” section of the pattern. I have googled, yahooed and even called my favorite yarn store to try and glean some hints on how to do this. They have a diagram in the pattern and according to the magazine website, they had some details on how to do a short row increase. Still, drawing a blank. I went to sleep still trying to figure out how to do the short row.  Today, I finally figured it out. It was a little difficult, but now I’ve got it and we are back on. 

So, today is the 2nd day of the project and all is progressing well. The increases are going smoothly and I hope to have this baby done by Thanksgiving.  I might wear it for dinner. Who knows.

Well, I am off to do some more work.

No comments: