Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Friend is gone!!!

This is me and my friend, Michelle. She's gone! Not dead, she's just is on her way to Florida with her husband. They are moving there! I am so sad. That is all the way across the country! Oh the horror of it all. That is another one of my friends to move across the freakin country! It all started with Joe and Kelly. I will lay the blame on them. They started this horrible trend.

Joe and Kelly moved to North Carolina a few months before Dennis and I were married. They were both in our wedding. My friend Courtney and Todd moved from Davis to Santa Cruz. They were both in our wedding too. Am I seeing a trend? Michelle, she married a Marine. Cool! Then she moved to Temecula. Then there is Kendra. She moved to Tucson. Then my parents moved to Vacaville, no longer owning my childhood home. Now Michelle and Doug are on their merry way to Florida. This sucks. I am happy for them, but really sad for me. I liked it when she lived in Temecula. I could visit when I flew down to see my aunt. Now, it's like a 6 hour or more plane ride (lay overs).

Sigh...I hope no more of my friends are planning on moving any time soon. I am blessed however, to be making some new ones at my church. Thank goodness for that. And for making some new friends in the flea market scene. Yay to my friends Clinton & Becky, Sandy & Erica, Jill, Kristi, Kim, Jenny and of course Erin & Charles (our life long buds from EV).

I want to be the one that moves next. I want to flee to Washington (2nd choice). First choice: England! Hello Prime Minister and Parliament. Yeah, so they have a queen. Let me remind you she's only a figure head and has no real power. The rate things are going here in California and the US, I am ready to become a subject of the British Empire.

Ok, enough rant. Did I mention that it's rarely hot there?

1 comment:

M.Grace said...

Well, I could go on about how between the two of us, you are more fortunate than I. At least you are still near your family and many friends. But instead, I'll just say: I miss you too!!