Thursday, January 8, 2009

Conference Junk

I love going to conferences for work since it gets me out town and out of the office. The one thing I really hate about it is having to get everything ready for it. Whether I am organizing the conference or being an exhibitor, there is always so much work to be done. For example, all the really, really annoying printing. Since I have a color printer that is my own personal printer, I get to print out all the colored items on that. Joy. It usually works fine until Murphy's Law kicks in. Inevitably some thing that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Take today for instance. I am printing out all our brochures for in house training to take with me this weekend to San Francisco. The first side goes smoothly. Do you think the second side would too? Oh no. Of course not. The pages stick together, thus having to feed them in one at a time. All 150 brochures, one at a time. Kill me now!!!

I still have to design and print out the info capture cards. Yay. I can hardly contain the joy. At least that is only one sided printing. Thank GOD! Wish me luck, I have 125 brochures left to be printed. *Sighs*

No comments: