Monday, December 22, 2008

Gym Time!


Ok, so I have decided that I have sat on my butt enough with all that fabulous knee stuff and decided that it was time to get into the gym and begin to shape a better body. The one I have right now is not too flattering. Anyway, I had been meeting with a trainer for the past 4 weeks and today, being the last of the free sessions, was torture day. I have to admit...I pushed myself harder on the elliptical machines than usual. But the weights! Oh the weights. I hate weight training. I would much rather be running on the elliptical machines, doing yoga or in the pool. I have to admit though, if I don't want that flabby arm situation that I have going on right now, weights is the way to go.


I was at the gym for about an hour and half; just going over all the machines we had used and what she expects of me when we're not meeting. Man, brutal. But I need brutal. I don't want a BMI of 28 which falls in between the "Fair" and "Poor" columns. Sad. I didn't know that you could be thin and have a bit of fat at the same time. Crazy! Well I want an excellent BMI reading by the time we go to Italy. Lets face it...the swim suit season is out until September. I am not going to kill myself like I did today. I got home, showered and a monster head ache showed up. You know the kind...the kind where not even Extra Strength Excedrin don't even touch. I love it! Can you feel the sarcasm yet?


Well, my problem with the whole gym thing is motivation. I want to go and work out and be thin and toned and all that...I just don't want to have to leave my nice warm house and do the work. Yeah, I am lazy when it comes to the gym. Well, Cal Fit has just built a brand spankin new gym not 5 minutes from my house. Now I have no excuse. That is where I have been going for the past month. It's going slow, but I don't want to injure anything...like my knee. If that goes, then the whole gym thing goes out the window. Don't want that.


Well, I figure that is enough griping about the gym. Other than the headache...I really like how I feel about an hour afterwards. Pretty good, minus headache. Well, that is all for me for now. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a safe one too.

No comments: